Monday, October 14, 2013

*Google Meme*

Today I am doing my first Bloggers Challenge/Meme. I love LOVE Strawberry Singh's Blog. I have been reading it for years now and have greatly enjoyed her posts, tutorials, challenges and meme's. I am super excited to be joining the rest of the SL blogging world and will from now on be doing the Monday Meme Challenge every week. Hope you guys enjoy.



Meme instructions: Google your SL name and answer the following questions. Don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to your post so we can all drop by, read and be nosy. Optional: click over to Emily’s blog and do her Google challenge as well. Don’t forget to leave a comment in her post if you end up doing it, so she can come stalk you guys too!

Before you start to answer these questions, open up a fresh browser and clear cache if you can. Make sure you are not logged into your Google account and it might even be better if you open up a incognito window.


 
 
Google your Second Life name in "quotations" and share your results. About 437 results
What is the first link that comes up? The Arcade Photography Contest ... My entry.
Which link were you surprised to see? Nothing really they were mostly my blog posts or my flickr photos I saw a few sites that other photographers that have taken my photo have posted my photos on so that was neat.
Click on the "Image" tab and tell us where the first 5 pictures listed are from. The first 5 photos are all photos from my own blog.
Click on the "more" tab and then click "news" and share your results. woot woot no news on me ;) guess the paparazzi hasn't caught up to me yet lol.

Ok so my questions were a little simple and possibly boring, that’s why I am doing the meme mashup because Emily’s questions are definitely more interesting. Click over to her Google challenge and answer her questions. Her instructions were to Google ourselves under both our real life name and our second life name and share what comes up. Here are my answers:
How did the two digital footprints compare, and did that surprise you?Same as Strawberry I got about 2,630 results under my name so obviously my RL name is more common than my SL name lol.
Does anyone interesting share your name? Not that I could see the first few pages were links back to my FB, Etsy, Pinterest etc.
Are you happy with the size of your digital footprint, or do you wish either one was larger/smaller? I would absolutely like my digital footprint for the SL me to be larger. I think maybe my RL footprint could be smaller...I didnt really like that you could type my name in and pull up my photos from FB and links to all my accounts... I think I am going to have to go double check my privacy settings on all my accounts because I could of sworn they were private....
If you woke up/ logged in one morning to discover over night you had suddenly gained rock-star status, and everybody knew who you were and wanted to know what you were doing… what would you do? I think I would probably freak out... I am an introvert and I absolutely love the little bubble I live in with my family.. I do not want that to change. I have no desire to be famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment